Tuesday, November 03, 2015

Orphan Sunday


Orphan Sunday is this Sunday, November 8.  What is Orphan Sunday? The day in which Christians stand together to defend the fatherless.

November is a special month to me.  It is contains "Orphan Sunday", "National Adoption Day" and November is also "National Adoption Month".  I find it super awesome that people are taking time to raise awareness of the orphan and then celebrating the forever family they find.

It is no secret that I LOVE adoption.  Obviously, 3 of my 4 kiddos are adopted (well one is coming).  What makes this extra cool for me is my oldest miracle child, my first adopted child's birthday is in November.  This year when I heard that Orphan Sunday fell on her birthday, my smile grew much larger.  Because my daughter is just that...MINE.  I am her Mama and Derry her Daddy.  She is NOT an Orphan, she is my and I'm so pumped about it!  I love that she has a forever family and God chose me to be in that family!

My prayer is for all of the little ones around the world who don't have a forever family yet.
"God, this month will you raise up families to become brave, courageous and driven to change the life of a child.  Whether it is to welcome one into their lives making it a 'forever family' for a child or to come alongside someone who is.  May their heart break as yours breaks.  May they rise up in action as you have and do.  Thank you for loving us welcoming us into your 'forever family'.  Amen."





If you live in the Michiana area and have adopted or are in the process of adoption, join our group.   You need not attend Nappanee Missionary Church.  We normally meet the last Friday every other month.  Due to Thanksgiving, this month we will be meeting on Friday, November 13, 6:30-8:00 p.m.  Our time together is for the whole family.  Contact me if you have further questions or need directions (janelleprenkert@nmc1.org or 574.773.7773)


Finally, if you love adoption and want to tell the world that you do, consider purchasing one of our shirts thru my Etsy Store: YippaDeeSkip.  We are taking orders now.  Near the end of November shirts will then be printed and delivered.  All proceeds go to fund our upcoming adoption.

i heart adoption t-shirt
change the world t-shirt
who cares t-shirt

i matter kids t-shirt

Etsy Store




No comments: