Saturday, April 23, 2016

Gasp....It's the Shoes!

Ok when I think about that statement I usually tie it to some celebrity wearing an amazing dress with some equally amazing shoes. 

Not so much my experience today.  I was  so graciously invited to a beautiful baby shower today. The land was gorgeous with all of the flowering trees and fields of yellow flowers (yes I think a field of dandelions is one of the most beautiful sights!). There was a pond...oh man any bride would love to get married there. 

When I walked in the building where the shower was being held I was in awe of how beautiful it was. It was like I walked right into a Pinterest haven. So pretty.  

Ok. Let me back up a bit. The shower began at 10:30 am and of course I'm pulling up at 10:50 am. Because let's face it, no matter how hard I try it's hard to get anywhere with four kids. (Ok real moment, it was just me and my baby coming to this party....) There are no excuses for my tardiness, but still I was uncomfortably late. 

I opened the door wearing wet hair carrying a baby, diaper bag, 2 presents and a box of diapers. Yeah, I didn't look disheveled! 

The rest of the party was fantastic, beautiful and it was so great to see the mama opening all of her sweet gifts. 

The best part of the whole day happened 8 hours after I returned from the party. I was up in my room and I look at my shoes...

Yup I wore two different shoes to this fancy baby shower! Ha ha I'm sure no one noticed or we would have all laughed.

 I looked at my shoes gasped and said, "it's the shoes!" Then laughed hysterically. 

The moral of the story...laugh at your mistakes. The End. 


No comments: