Thursday, June 09, 2011

Lessons From My Friends: Keep Smiling

Kathy and her daughter Alyssa. I stole it from facebook. oops.
If you know this woman on the right, you understand why I chose her. Kathy Brown is her name and is probably one of the happiest women I know.

Knowing Kathy, she is reading this now and is laughing saying, "oh no I'm not."  And that is what I mean.  She takes life smiling and laughing.

Kathy is probably one of the most influential people in my life when it comes to joy.  Not happiness, but inner contentment that only comes from knowing Jesus as her savior and relying on His strength.

Many times I have come to Kathy, crying about life and not understanding why things go they way they do.  With tears of compassion in her eyes, she smiles.  And in that smile I know everything will be ok.  Why? because Kathy has lived hardship.  Kathy has had many of life's obstacles she has needed to hurdle.  Some of these difficult times would be faith stoppers or even joy killers.  But not for Kathy.  She has chosen to laugh.  To smile.  To fight with Joy that only her God can give her.  Yes life is hard at times, but Kathy chooses the High road.  For that, I have learned in the midst of extreme pain and confusion to laugh and smile.

As I know Kathy would agree, it is much easier to face life laughing/smiling than being mad.  Thank you Kathy for your example and constant reminder to keep smiling.  May I continue to smile at life as you have.
Ps 13:5-6: But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation. I will sing to the LORD, for he has been good to me.

No comments: