Friday, February 19, 2016

Encourage words

Ever had one of those days where life is just crappy?  The kids are sick or yelling at each other. The dishes which seemed like you just got done washing are piled up again. The mountain of laundry calls your name and all you want to do is crawl back in bed and pray for your fairy godmother to rescue you from the torment. Yeah, I think we all have.

Now today wasn't exactly one of those days, but it wasn't full of rainbows and sunshine. 

I could go on and whine about everything that went poopy today, but instead let's focus on one special moment. 

At the grocery story checkout line I had to ask the clerk for another cart to lug all of the food I bought to feed my clan. I was gearing up to lug 2 carts full of food, a toddler and an infant to the car. In life I've gotten used to just rolling with it. Today was one of those days.

 Until...

 I heard a kind voice of an older woman ask if she can help me take the groceries to my car. Oh course at first I told her I was ok and can manage. Afterall she had her own cart and let's face it, she was in her 80s. I didn't want to bother her.

Then...

She insisted. I gave in and agreed for her help. She waited patiently as I took my youngest daughter on the penny horsey ride I had promised earlier to her. 

She smiled and we chatted. She told me that she has 4 kids and she understands what life is like for me. 

She affirmed me and helped me. And 10 hours later I can't stop thinking about the woman wearing the black wind cap.  The one who showered me with kindness.  The one who showed me love when I needed it most. The one who reminded me of Jesus. 

Thank you kind woman at Meijer for impacting my life today. 

My life was changed by three little words, "Can I help?"

Encouraging words. 

No comments: