Sunday, November 05, 2006

One of those days...

Ever had one of those days when you know that God has called you to something greater and it seems like everything is standing in the way of achieving it? These past hours has been like that for me.

God has called us to step beyond ourselves. So this past week I have been physically preparing for this. Over the past couple of days the reality of this is starting to sink. Am I afraid, ABSOLUTELY! Am I confident that God has my back, YOU BET!

I believe that satan is sitting there not wanting us to do this. Because of this, my mind has been going crazy. It seems like there are things from every direction causing distractions. Maybe it is because I am overly sensitive with this change in our lives and Derry being gone, maybe these things are true and it hits home, maybe it is because it is wrestling against things I thought I was content with.

God has wired me weird. I'm not like most women my age. For the most part I have come to grips with it. God has called me to do ministry. Because of this my life is different.

I would go into more depth, but because this is public, my thoughts are going to stop here. All I know is that God is there for me. And I claim Deut. 31:6 & Prov 3:5-6 as a promises for my life:

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you." Deut 31:6

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight." Prov 3:5-6

No comments: